Blackberry & Apple Flan
Blackberries and apples just combine so well together. This is a child friendly recipe that when made will disappear before your eyes.
4oz flour, 2oz margerine, ½ tablespoon cold water
1 cooking apple, 2oz brown sugar, 2oz butter melted, 1 egg beaten, pinch of cinnamon, 6oz blackberries
1. Make the pastry by rubbing in the margarine and flour, and then add the water to combine.
2. Roll out the pastry to fit a greased 8” flan dish. Place dish in the fridge to keep the pastry cool.
3. In a bowl mix the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and cinnamon.
4. Carefully stir in the blackberries.
5. Put slices of apple on the pastry base.
6. Pour the egg & blackberry mixture over the apple.
7. Bake @ 200*C/400*F/Gas 6 for about 25/30mins until risen and darker in colour.