Louisburgh Cemeteries Development Action Plan
Louisburgh Cemeteries are unique and very special places where our loved ones are laid to rest. The enhancement, preservation, maintenance and sustainability of our Cemeteries to the highest quality of spiritual, cultural & traditional standards, are the core values of the Louisburgh Cemeteries Steering Committee.
Our vision as a voluntary steering committee in achieving the core values is to be inclusive of all concerns and ideas from Louisburgh Community members, including those connected to the area, both at home and overseas, using best practice guidelines for Louisburgh Cemeteries.
The Steering Committee members are:
1. Tommy Bennett – Chairperson – Undertaker & Caretaker of St Catherine’s Cemetery
2. Mary O’Malley – Secretary – Louisburgh & Killeen Heritage Committee
3. Joe Fergus – Treasurer – Old Cemetery Committee & LAMS representative
4. Frank Burke – Old Cemetery Committee & LAMS representative
5. Gerry Nicholson – Old Cemetery Committee & LAMS representative
6. Jimmy Scott – Old Cemetery Committee & LAMS representative
7. Pat Joyce – Graver Digger representative & LAMS representative
8. Peter Sweeney – Undertaker & Caretaker of Kilgeever Cemeteries
9. Rosarie Tiernan – Louisburgh Community Futures
10. Fr. Mattie Long – Louisburgh Parish Priest
11. Mary Fergus – Granuaile Centre Louisburgh
A public consultation process took place from January 2020- January 2021
The Ask: Everyone is asked for their ideas/opinions during this time for input into the Development Action Plan for Louisburgh Cemeteries.
Who is in Scope? Everyone connected to both Old and New Kilgeever Graveyards and St. Catherine’s Graveyard are humbly invited to make a submission and make a difference.
Louisburgh Cemeteries Steering Committee will be working in collaboration with the Local Authority, Other Agencies and County Councillors throughout the entire process.
If you would like to donate to this Development Plan please click Kilgeever Cemetery Development